Tanjong Pagar Railway Station from ChengChan.
The historic Tanjong Pagar station is being returned to Singapore as part of a land swap deal. At the end of this month it will cease its train operations.
Built in 1932, it has been the terminus for the West Coast line of the KTM (Keretapi Tanah Melayu) Railway line. The station will continue to be owned and operated by Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM), Malaysia's main railway operator until July 1st.
The sculptures that adorn the structure are works by Rudolfo Nolli, a sculptor and architect from Lombardy, who during the first half of the 20th century worked mainly in the Siam region.
Singapore has agreed to keep the old station building preserved by the National Heritage Board in any future development of the area. One hope that this will mean 'kept intact without additional add-on embellishments'.
It's combination of neo-classical and art deco architecture makes it a striking building.