The culture of Singapore is largely wrapped up in large banana leaf, namely the rich variety of cuisine from otah otah to home grown soy sauce (and all other delicacies in between).
|Satay Hawker - Singapore 1982|
There are a number of excellent 'foodie' sites in Singapore. My favourites are as follows:
- Makansutra - still the best in my opinion and has become somewhat of an institution in its own right. Mr Seetoh even has his own YouTube channel (see example below).
- HungryGoWhere - their warts and all reviews make for interesting reading
- Ieatishootipost - the pride and joy of Dr Leslie Tay who when he is not in the clinic is photographing and commenting upon food.
- Gastronomic Ruminations - complied by a coffee addict under the non de plume of SuperFineFeline. the food photos are of high quality.
- ChubbyHubby - although the site is currently in recess the archive is still worth reading and some of his recipes such as Pork Belly in Almond Milk are not restricted to South East Asia.
- FoodSpotting - social media made good. See also their sections such as Top Hawker Fare.
Singapore food: "So Shiok"!