Tuesday 29 June 2021

Flying With NAC

 

My first memories of flying in an airplane was accompanying my father (age five or six in the 1950's) on an NAC DC3 from Bell Block aerodrome (New Plymouth) to Christchurch.
It was a trip I made with Dad every couple of years to stay with my grandparents in Christchurch's Port Hills.
There was always a stop at Ohakea enroute and I vividly remember enjoying the low flying over farmland and watching the rivets on the wing!
Also had a stop-over at Paraparaumu before tackling Cook Strait.
The boiled sweets served by the stewardess were another treat to look forward to.
The DC3 was a great aircraft and very reliable, albeit slow by today's standards. https://www.zazzle.com/new_zealand_national_airways... #Airlines #NewZealand #Flying #DC3 #NAC #history

No comments: